Nippon Pulse’s Linear Shaft Motor is a brushless, high-precision direct drive linear servo motor with a tubular design. The motor consists of a magnetic shaft and coil assembly (forcer), and is driven and controlled by the flow of current.
The Linear Shaft Motor can replace ball-screws, pneumatics, U-shaped motors and other linear motion systems.
Design Concepts of the Linear Shaft Motor
- Simple: Two parts and a non-critical air gap
- Non-Contact: No wearing and maintenance free
- High Precision: Ironless design and all the magnetic flux is used
Linear Shaft Motor Specification Overview
- Variety of shaft diameters, ranging from 4mm to 100mm
- Stroke lengths of 20mm to 4.6M
- Achievable peak force of 2340N
- Maximum continuous force of 585N
Advantages of Linear Shaft Motors
The Linear Shaft Motor is a simple, high-efficiency, high-precision motor that requires no maintenance over its lifetime. The servo motor consists of only two parts: a magnetic shaft, and a “forcer” of wound coils. The Linear Shaft Motor offers ultra-high precision because it has no iron in the forcer or shaft, giving you the precision and zero cogging expected in a coreless design while providing the stiffness expected in an iron-core motor.
Because the forcer coil completely wraps around the shaft’s internal magnets, all the motor’s magnetic flux is efficiently used. This allows for a 0.5mm to 2.5mm nominal annular air gap between the shaft and forcer. This air gap is non-critical, meaning there is no variation in force as the gap changes over the stroke length of the device.
Nippon Pulse’s Linear Shaft Motor can be used in a variety of applications, including pick-and-place machines and dispensing machines. Applications that require smooth, precise movements and high accuracy will benefit from the Linear Shaft Motor. If your application has varying force requirements or low-power/high-efficiency requirements, contact an applications engineer to learn how your application can benefit from the Linear Shaft Motor servomotor.
Applications of the Linear Shaft Motor (LSM)
- High-speed pick-and-place machines
- High-accuracy pick-and-place or dispensing applications
- Scanners that need smooth and precise movements
- Long-life and low-maintenance expectations
- Applications that require low power and high efficiency
More information on the Linear Shaft Motor Family from Nippon Pulse can be viewed at-
For more information, please contact:
Tags: Nippon Pulse, Electromate, Linear Motor, Shaft Motor, Linear Shaft Motor, Servo Motor, Automation, DC Motor, Tubular Motor