Applimotion’s new UTS Series direct drive slotless motors now cover 29-240 mm diameters with thin radial length, prefect for direct drive positioning or high speed spindle applications. Driven by customer demand and new applications in gimbal and imaging systems, Applimotion has expanded the range of their slotless motor line up.
Aces at scanning or precision positioning, slotless motors are hand down provide the smoothest motion available. True sinusoidal torque curves seamlessly integrate with sinusoidal motor controller electronics to create fully controllable smoothly rotating torque vector.
These motors remain true to their ULT ultra-thin origins with very low profile construction. They operate from industry standard brushless DC or brushless AC drivers from 12-300 volts and can be wound for low speed or high speed applications.
Another feature of these motors is low magnetic core losses. Slotless motors in general are optimum for high speed operation, above 10krpm. The frameless nature of these motors also allows them to easily be integrated into high speed spindles where they can operate with very low heating.
- Wide Range of Diameters – from 29 mm to 240 mm. Special sizes can also be created with short lead time.
- Medium motor constant – Low phase resistance and inductance for the motor size optimizes operation with low voltage power supplies and provides the high output with minimum voltage drop.
- Optional Windings – Select your voltage, speed and current, Applimotion will create a special winding to optimize torque or efficiency.
- Sinusoidal Torque Curves – motor designs for optimum performance with sinusoidal current control. Less than 1% higher harmonic content for minimum torque ripple on sinusoidal drives
- Zero Cogging Torque – cogging torque has plagued many applications, motor suppliers continue to fight the manufacturability battle to reduce cogging and keep motors consistent.
- Optional Back Iron Rings – A standard set of iron rings are offered for each motor. Optional rings are available allowing more options for higher integration.
- Optional Hall Device Feedback – internally mounted PCA doesn’t add to motor height offered on some motors, others require externally mounted hall device board.
Click on the link below for information on the UTS Slotless Frameless Motors from Applimotion.-
For more information, please contact: