This half-day seminar provides the practical information you need to successfully select the right DC motor — be it brushed or brushless — for your application. You’ll learn about the interpretation of motor data and how you can use this information for motor sizing. Whether you need high speed and dynamics or just high torque, this seminar will teach you to size a motor + drive with just the right power reserves, avoiding costly oversized motors.
Presenter: Jan Braun,, maxon motor ag, author of the “maxon academy Formulae Handbook”
What You’ll Receive:
- Textbook: “The selection of high-precision microdrives” (a $65 US value) — A complete, easy-to-read reference guide for motor and drive selection OR you’ll receive an $89 Can. voucher to be used towards your next Maxon order
- maxon Formulae Handbook
- E-Learning software tutorial on USB Stick
- maxon Catalog
What You’ll Learn:
- Basics of DC motor data. Learn how to interpret motor data sheets and use the speed-torque line information for optimum motor sizing.
- Systematic drive selection in the context of your application specific requirements and boundary conditions. This includes optimum power management, control loops, accuracy and ambient conditions.
- Basics of gearhead data and their impact on motor selection.
- Selection criteria for DC motors. Topics include the characteristics of different commutation types for brushed and brushless DC motors and when to use them.
- maxon selection program. Find out how this software-tool can help you in the motor selection.
- Application examples. Learn how to extract the key parameters for drive selection from your application: The examples include continuous operation as well as dynamic operation cycles.
- Motion Control: The main features and application possibilities of maxon EPOS and ESCON controllers.
Hilton Garden Inn Dorval Aeroport
St. Laurent, PQ
Tuesday February 19, 2013
Phone: (866) 788-2518
Directions to the Hilton Garden Inn Dorval Aeroport can be viewed at the following link:
Hilton Garden Inn Dorval Aeroport Directions
Radisson Plaza Mississauga- Toronto Airport
Wednesday February 20, 2013
Phone: (905) 364-9999
Directions to the Radisson Plaza Mississauga- Toronto Airport Hotel can be viewed at the following link:
Radisson Plaza Mississauga- Toronto Airport Directions
Time: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Lunch included
Price: $89 CDN/person + HST* (*Ontario Only; Quebec registrants will be charged 5% GST only) if pre-registered by midnight January 31st ; after February 1st the cost is $109 CDN/person + applicable taxes.
To Register: The Seminar requires pre-registration & payment by Credit Card or PayPal. Click on the link below to be directed to our Online Payment Registration Form.
Maxon Seminar Registration Online Link
Click Here If You Are An Academic
OR call Electromate at 877-737-8698 with your credit card information