ADVANCED Motion Controls, of Camarillo, CA USA expands it’s highly successful PCB mount, Z-drive servo amplifier family. New digital ‘DZ’ products are now available with higher power, greater thermal efficiency and lower operating voltages. Network choices, fast baud rates and multiple stand-alone command options greatly increase these servo drives’ capabilities for all torque, velocity and position mode applications. Designed to be completely compact, DZ’s take up little space, eliminate wiring hassle and still deliver unparalleled performance. Check out the newly expanded global standard in PCB mount servos drives – the fully digital DZ series!
Highlighting just a few of the features of these very capable servo drives:
- Considered µ-sized, DZ’s have an incredibly small footprint (smaller than a business card!) and weigh a mere 100 grams or less, including heat sink!
- All DZ’s can be configured to operate in torque, velocity (encoder or Hall) and position modes for brushed, voice coil or brushless motors.
- DZ’s have extremely high current loop bandwidth for quick response times as needed or when used in critical or demanding applications.
- DZ networks include CANopen or RS-232/485 (up to ~1 Mbaud!). Input commands can come over the network, such as PVT (position/velocity/time) or through direct inputs for: ±10V analog, Encoder Following, Step & Direction, PWM & Direction – to operate any mode.
- Some DZ’s capacity includes 10 – 80 Vdc operation while delivering 4 Amps continuous / 40 Amps peak. This provides up to 3 kW peak power when needed and can achieve up to 98% efficiency!
- DZ’s have an optional mounting card available for quick prototyping and documented interface reference designs for quick circuit integration.
- DZ’s common PCB pin out platform allows OEM’s to design to any power capacity but choose from the smallest power size to largest power size, everything from today’s available products to even higher powered future release versions!
With multiple product choices, implementing DZ’s increased product functionality to meet many application needs will result in a dramatic reduction of system complexity. Yet, DZ’s are also cost-effective by themselves to further minimize overall system costs.As more applications require smaller mounting spaces or become completely mobile, designing with DZ’s would be the perfect match and choice. High power density, high operating efficiencies and low cost, what more could you ask for?Information on AMC’s DZ series of servo amplifiers can be viewed at the following webpage-
For more information, please contact: